Becoming tangible

The end of residency that is. That is what is becoming tangible. I have the memorial day weekend off (thanks to my former self for thinking ahead and working some of the other three day weekends instead of this one so I could enjoy it!). When I go back on Tuesday that will be the mark of 9 real shifts left (NINE!). I finished out my last week of nights EVER! Andrey was my counterpart at nights and I was able to share a Hawaiian pizza with him (something that neither of our spouses let us get on a regular basis but we both love).
Anyway, after my nine remaining shifts, I will have required shifts but they will be quite different than my normal shift. I am required to be around in case the rising 4th year residents need any pointers or help, but it is my time to study for the boards and tidy up all the many loose ends I have before finishing and graduating. 

In our free time we're enjoying time as a family, getting to bake things and cook all sorts of things!
A few weeks ago we got to have the inaugural backyard fire with Juju and her room mates :)
So much to do in this short time, but I can't help but just feel all kinds of lovely on a day like today with the sunshine upon us. We even ventured to our favorite ice cream shop, Three Sisters. It is getting to the point that some of these trips are going to be the "last time we visit it." 
So, I guess I should also admit to you that last weekend we also went to Dear Hearts for ice cream too..
She loves strawberry ice cream from anywhere and Three Sisters was no exception. 
Our experience was slightly different though in the times of COVID. We didn't get to go in the store and we felt like it was a great idea to be wearing masks when we went to the window and braved the crowds outside the store. 
It's crazy that this is the reality we live in! But we're so happy to have masks crafted by one of the midwives in the hospital so we can at least go out in our own styles (daddy shark!). 
I don't think we did anything else today except spend time outdoors. Even when we got back from our morning adventure, Adler insisted that we go inside and get a snack and come back outside and eat it in the stroller!
Adler took quite a tumble on the bike yesterday and ended up with a huge bruise on her forehead and somehow a raspberry on her upper lip that looks like a little mustache. But despite that, she braved the bicycle again--if anything so she could stop and smell the flowers at the neighbors house ;)


She is such a big kid these days! I can't believe it.
Now she and Ali look more and more like the same age even though they are a year apart.
Adler insists on dressing herself these days



No matter what she wears, she is always ready for the next adventure. We explored Lincoln woods park, Roger Williams Park, and the neighborhood this weekend. 



We're toasting the summer this Memorial Day weekend and trying to ignore ALL OF THE THINGS we have to get done in the coming weeks. Wishing you all some rest, reprieve, and safety as we head towards June, 2020.

Comments