Last weekend of summer

It's over. I usually wait to concede the end of summer until I get to mid September, but somehow this year it feels final already. 

Maybe the finality comes because my interview season has finally come to a close. I spent more time in Houston than anticipated at my final stop on the trail. And that gave me time to explore the natural history museum including all kinds of natural stones and gorgeous art.


 There was also an amazing butterfly arboretum
 I had some amazing tacos
 And watched from afar as Addie learned how to sit on a tricycle!
 So, it only made sense that we take some time "off" over labor day before I start a pretty rough stretch because I'm starting the night shift...ugh.... 

We found a beautiful farm house in New Hampshire that was set in the middle of an apple orchard.
 The wrap around screened-in porch was truly an incredible setting for a weekend away.
 We got to continue our tradition of hiking with PB&J's at the top
 It was truly gorgeous

 AFter Adler's nap we said we set out on a different type of adventure to a bunch of caves. It turns out, Adler was NOT a fan! It was a set of 9 different small caves that you could walk through. For the first three she SCREAMED bloody murder. And, it turns out, this is a one-way adventure. We couldn't just turn around and go back...
 This was her...not screaming....
 So we stopped midway for a snack
 And all of a sudden we had a new Adler on our hands. It was my first lesson in how much Adler is just a mini-me who gets hangry...

 Hello from New Hampshire. Goodbye summer.
 Stay tuned for the fellowship match process. My rank list is due 10/2/19 and match day is 10/16/19.

Comments