Sunny weekend

After my parents left, we continued to enjoy more tulips with these beauties that Tom got at Pikes place!
 We’ve been soaking in the sun whenever possible this week. We joined some of Tom’s friends from law school for a roof-top BBQ at their capitol hill apartment (complete with rooftop grills and fire place!)
 Tom was the grill master--it has been so long!
 This is what Tom and I both imagined life would be like living in Seattle when we first moved up here.

You can’t beat that view, but I’m happy to say that we’re not in a high rise building.

We snuck over to the park on Saturday for a quick round of 2-man wiffle ball baseball. But alas, Tom split the ball with his double hit!
 And today, while weeding my garden I was told by my garden-plot neighbor that I'm a "garden celebrity." Why? "Well because you had green beans in March!" he said. Well, that's what you get for planting in February I guess :). Apparently it's legendary to the gardeners around me. who knew I'd made garden headlines? :) But even though they came up in March, they haven't done much growing since then, but with this nice patch of sunny weather, I have my hopes that these beans have toughed it out and will be fruitful by June or July!

Comments