SPOILED!

I arrived in Olympia (well, Lacey actually) with Tom yesterday afternoon not knowing exactly what to expect but knowing that the house I'm going to be living in for the next 6 weeks was in a new development and appeared nice on google maps.

Well, not only did the outside look nice, the inside is gorgeous too! It's fully stocked so all I had to bring down was my clothing! I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked in the door. It's as nice as (or nicer) than the many different VRBO.com places we have stayed in over the years.

 It's called the Flute house because it's on flute street :)
 

I was the first student to arrive on site and I wasn't sure that anyone would be joining me, so I was able to pick my room. Obviously I picked the master bedroom with the private bathroom.

The shower head is HUGE!

The place is covered in photos of flowers, most often sunflowers. And I get a walk-in closet! (try not to judge me for how much clothing I brought down with me).


The couch is comfy and spacious

Between yesterday afternoon and this morning Tom and I were able to enjoy the many fun things about Olympia.

We perused the waterfront with the harbor

and of course, we had to check out the farmers market that was in full bloom.
 
Check out these cute garden signs...I particularly liked the one that said "weeds."

So far I have one housemate, Lucy. Her real name is Quyen but since no one in America can say it right, she goes by Lucy :). She is in my class and I met her several times before and we are going to make very easy, pleasant housemates I think. We have no idea if/when another student may join us, so for now, we are just enjoying each other's company. Lucy actually took her first rotation off so she could go visit family in China before taking her boards, so she just finished boards about 2 weeks ago. She's in Olympia for her pediatric rotation.

I start tomorrow at an internal medicine office with Dr. Sheila Fay and Dr. Gerald Fay (I have yet to determine whether or not they are married or related, in case you were curious). I am not sure what my schedule will look like or what the setting is, but I'm excited to find out!

Comments