Magnuson Park events

Sometimes I forget what a beautiful place we live in but I was reminded yesterday while I took a walk around the gym because I got there a little early before my exercise class started. As a bald eagle flew directly over my head I decided I could stop and smell the roses and take a few photos of the scenery (sorry I missed the bald eagle). 

 


 And, as if my summer day wasn't good enough with this scenery plus a good workout -- we had an evening that proved to be somewhat magical. Between movies in the park on Thursday night and free family concerts on Friday nights, we are set for entertainment for the week. We joined a classmate and his wife who I just met this week and sat down for an old classic we had never seen: "Singing in the Rain." I tried to get a nice photo of our set up but Tom kept making funny faces.


Once the movie got started we settled in with some popcorn from home and then when it got really chilly, some chai from home too. As we snuggled under the clear, starry skies the moonlight and the dancing scene was almost too picture perfect. 
Then tonight we packed up a picnic dinner and headed back to the park for some jazz. What a lovely end to a busy research week! Happy summer.

Comments