Birthday Fun!

Today was a remarkably wonderful day. It's not often that I wake up to a forecast of 77 degrees on my birthday and we took full advantage of it.

After waking up to a surprise from my amazing husband who snuck out of the house at the crack of dawn to get me flowers to wake up to, we dined with loads of fresh fruit and eggs to fuel us up for a hike. 
We headed to a place called Poo Poo Point in Issaquah. It was less than a 40 minute drive from our house and it is the hot spot for local paragliders to jump off from. Plus, it's called Poo Poo Point, who wouldn't want to go for it? We grabbed our seeds and we were ready to go.
We reached the summit to amazing views of Rainier. 
 
Here's my goofy, I've made it to the top pose.
We missed the take off of one of the gliders, but we caught glimpses of him on his way down. 
Here's Tom's take on what it's like to be on the top:
 
And, we made it safely back to the car without getting hit in the "landing zone."
Then we headed off for a day in downtown (yes we braved the downtown crowds even given that there was graduation festivities for UW going on). My friend Bri from medial school is off in Vietnam for a global health project this summer and generously gave us her bus pass that expires on June 19th so both Tom and I were able to avoid the worry about parking in downtown. We finally discovered Westlake station -- we had no idea it existed. How long have we lived in Seattle? 
 
We stopped by the new "City Target" which is literally one block from Pike's Place -- who would have thought Target would have wound up down there? What do you think about the lovely styles we came across? Is it me? I think bows are in style right?
 We wandered through the market and enjoyed people watching in the sun. We stopped off at P.F. Chang's for dinner. I have to admit my  favorite part of dinner wasn't the dinner at all--it was dessert. The banana spring rolls are TO DIE FOR!
We finished the evening with trip to the movies. It was such a wonderful day and a great start to 26. Thanks to all of you for your love and support and phone calls today! I'm sorry if I missed you while gallivanting around the town.

Comments