Good times of summer

Well, August has been a month full of fun events. Between the Seahawks and Mariners games we've had the chance to go to we have felt so spoiled! Just when we thought we were done with our free sporting events for the summer we were given tickets to the Seattle Storm play-off game against the LA Sparks. We didn't have any Storm gear, just Sonics gear (tears fill Tom's eyes as I type that)--- but we also got free t-shirts! Our friends spoiled us yet again!

We, again, got great seats and were astounded by the enthusiasm of WNBA fans! The storm won without too much of a struggle and Tom and I had a blast. Allison (Al) and Gentry were kind enough to get tickets ---thanks guys! (sorry we totally forgot to get a picture of them!) We topped off the night with a $1.00 burgers at Dick's to make it a true Glassman Seattle sports night :)


On another note-- Lately, I've had nothing but night shifts in the ER from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., so in order to prepare for my new sleep schedule I had to force myself to take naps and stay up late so that I'd make it through the first night awake! After that, I get in a groove but the first shift is always a tough transition from working at night to sleeping during the day. So, we decided to keep me busy in the middle of the night in preparation for the week ahead by making homemade pizza dough!

You probably can't see the clock on the stove, but it's 1:03 a.m. and just about time to punch down the dough to let it rise again for another 2 hours before refigerating (I called it a night after the 3 a.m. kneading session :). Then, the next day before work tom and I (with italian-infused music playing on the ipod) made a pizza masterpiece!

It was all veggie (complete with onions from the garden) and all delicous! (can you believe it, Tom loved a VEGGIE pizza!)


The next time you come over, we should make a pizza! (but maybe only if you feel like staying up til 3 a.m. to make the dough!

Comments