Flowers in February (and a lot of other stuff too)

Well, based on our weather today, you would never guess that it's February! It's mid low 50s and pure sun! Tom and I managed to spend as much time as we could outside today, taking our errands on foot rather than in the car, and it was marvelous!

I was thrilled as I walked by the crab apple trees that were starting to bloom, prim roses in people's front yards and crocus' coming up all over the place! We have some sort of spring flower coming up in our yard, but I have yet to figure out what it is, since it hasn't bloomed yet. Perhaps a mini daphodil? Feel free to you examine the picture and let me know if you know what it is:)



Tom and I had a wonderful first Valentines Day as a married couple. And, Tom didn't even have to buy me flowers because our Amaryllis that Grammy Jean gave to us at Christmas decided to bloom right on schedule.



It was gorgeous and was the perfect addition to our candle light steak and mashed potato feast! Yum!



In other Glassman news...it appears that my teeth are not in as good of shape as we all might have expected...I have to get a root canal as I have a deep cavity that has turned into an abscess and now my root is infected. If I don't get it treated, I could not only lose my tooth, but I could get a serious blood infection. I go in tomorrow for an initial appointment to decide our plan of attack---but the photo below will most likely summarize my plight in the coming days.


I guess that tax return is already claimed for huh?

On a lighter note, Tom and Geoff have finalized their wardrobes for "dressed up for draft day" for their fantasy baseball league.

Thanks to bargain world's president's day half off sale they will be the best dressed boys in town don't you think?



Lastly, it's a good thing that it's warming up in Tacoma, because every one of you knows that I like it warm. But, thanks to my wonderful husband, I have plenty of warm-inducing items that I got for Christmas. My go-to item for around the house?



Well, it's my plush "cozy throw with sleeves" (not to be confused with a snuggie!) I have decided to dress it up a bit with a tie around my waist, much like a robe. I just have to be careful that my sleeves don't drag through the items on the stove!

Comments