Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving rolled around and I was in the mood for baking (and I was on "pie duty" for our family get together), so I decided to go crazy and make apple and pumpkin pies and also pretzel jello!


Tom surprised me with a few "thanksgiving presents" from our leftover Bed Bath & Beyond gift cards.



He got me a rolling pin, a pastry blender (what I'm holding in the first picture) and an apple wizard! (I don't know what it's actually called, but it's an apple peeler, slicer and corer).

I made the pumpking pie filling from scratch with our halloween pumpkins that never actually got carved and I tried my hand at making pie crust from scratch for the first time. I was surprised at how easy it was! Yum!




Tom liked the long strings of apple peels that the new machine made :)



















I liked the new toys that made pie baking so much easier!












Then, on Thanksgiving day we went to Aunt Ann's house for a day of food, board games and fun! We had fun with Paul who was back from school and Grammy Jean who joined us too!

















Ann started a puzzle, and I couldn't stop working on it (I'm a nerd when it comes to puzzles, you all know that :) --See the finished pies in the back---I didn't burn them, drop them, under-cook them or smash them in transit--success!

Comments